Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week 27: Other pregnancy tidbits

I realized that my last few updates haven't really mentioned too much about my actual pregnancy so here's a quick rundown:
  • At my 26 week checkup, my doctor said that I was a bit underweight at +10 pounds but she's not too worried. Most of the weight gain is supposed to take place in the last trimester so I have some time to catch up to the goal weight gain of 30 pounds. 
  • I definitely don't feel underweight - my bump is much larger and more noticeable these days! I also can't sit up as easily anymore - I have to remember to roll onto my side to get up more comfortably.
  • If I'm lucky enough to ever get pregnant again, I hope it's a summer pregnancy. Summer maternity clothes are easier to manage with loose, flowy non-maternity dresses. I had no trouble dressing for Maui! Winter maternity clothes are harder because pants, leggings, and tights are necessary to keep warm and I definitely can't wear the non-maternity version of those clothes. Unfortunately, I can't find maternity version of these items that are comfortable and well-fitted. I also can't zip or button up any of my jackets anymore so I have to make sure to wear warm bulky scarves to keep my torso warm.
  • My belly button is still an innie for now but quickly filling in. Should I start counting down the days until it's an outie? 
  • I've been using stretch mark cream for almost 3 months now. I know that I probably won't escape stretch marks since my mom has them but I'm hoping to at least try and mitigate their effects! I'm not sure if it's working as I notice some faint white stretch marks in my hips and butt - I know I've had some of those stretch marks since puberty but I think pregnancy may have added a few. Maybe they would be red and angry looking without the stretch mark cream? I was using a jar of Mama Mio Tummy Rub that Donna generously gifted me - since it ran out, I've been using Body Merry cream, which is about half the price but doesn't smell as good. Maybe it's just me, since I don't love smelling like cocoa butter. At least it's rated highly on Amazon! 

  • My platelet count is still normal but on the low side. Again, my doctor isn't too worried but noted that this is something she will continue to monitor. Not sure if I should be trying to have some more vitamin K in the meantime to boost my blood clotting abilities?
All in all, I've had a really positive pregnancy experience. I'm enjoying the experience of growing a child and feeling him form, grow, and move around inside me. I can understand why some women go through post-partum now. I'll miss having Lucas safe inside me, knowing where he is at all times and knowing that my body is giving him everything he needs to grow and thrive. Plus, he can't cry or need a diaper change when he's in utero. :)

Maui, Hawaii, November 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment