Thursday, February 19, 2015

Valentine's Weekend in LA part II


No trip to LA is complete without Korean BBQ. This time we tried Soowon Galbi with Jeff's cousins. This isn't a buffet but we still left very stuffed! They don't take reservations so we got there at 5pm - we still had to wait 30 minutes but it was well worth it. Of course, we had many portions of galbi:



Even though we were stuffed, we had to make room for their famous ice cream macarons. I opted for strawberry, which looked more like watermelon. The ice cream flavor was light and fruity, although the macaron was a bit crunchy. 



We love getting Taiwanese breakfast favorites and baked goods at JJ Bakery - here's a peek at their selection:



We also checked out Lemonade, which I found a bit overrated and pricey. The 5 item salad bar for over $11 is ridiculous - it was just 5 small scoops of food! I didn't expect to pay almost $50 for lunch for 3 - especially when it's cafeteria style food. I did like the truffle mac n cheese and blueberry mint lemonade but I won't be coming back here. The regular lemonade's not even that great. There's way better and more affordable food in LA to be had!



3 comments:

  1. Korean BBQ is the best!! ^_^ I also love Lemonade!! Wish we had one in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DSK Steph..lol I don't know why it posted me as Unknown!

      Delete
    2. Hi Steph! What do you usually get at Lemonade? I thought some of the items were awesome but I also picked a few duds...oops!

      Delete