Thursday, February 26, 2015

Vancouver & Banff National Park

Jeff and I are heading up to Vancouver for a wedding in late spring so we're looking to spend a few days in Banff National Park. It might still be a bit chilly then but we can't exactly ask our friends to move their wedding date to accommodate the weather. I think it'll be beautiful regardless!

I've been to Banff once nine years ago with my family - we went with a tour at the time so I remember a lot of long bus rides and short stops. I can't wait to go on our own this time, especially since this will be Jeff's first time there. And of course, I love travel planning so I've already started mapping out a tentative itinerary:

Day 1 & 2

  • Vancouver

Day 3 

  • Fly to Calgary
  • Drive 90 minutes to Banff

Day 4

  • Explore Banff area

Day 5

  • Moraine Lake
  • Lake Louise
  • Yoho National Park

Day 6

  • Columbia Icefields

Day 7

  • Johnston Canyon
  • Drive back to Calgary
  • Fly home to SFO

I'm still doing a ton of research and nothing's been booked yet so this could still change. But I'm excited - and I love travel planning!

Banff, August 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment