Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

The previous post was pretty heavy so I thought I'd lighten things up with some pictures from Labor Day weekend. This blog will address some serious topics but on a day-to-day basis, we're pretty silly and laidback. :)

Monterey
Our church organized a group trip to Monterey this past weekend. Here's the view from the Pebble Beach Lodge. Jeff aspires to golf here one day - I'll settle for enjoying the view. Not pictured - the tandem bikes that I effortlessly rode as Jeff chugged along. Guess I'm just in better shape than him. ;)

Japanese Tea Garden
On Monday, we drove to SF to enjoy the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park. It was pretty crowded but we managed to find a quiet corner for some tranquil moments. I'm not 100% sure it's worth the $8 admissions price given how small it is, but I suppose the price is on par with everything else in SF.



Sumika Grill
This was technically from the weekend before, but delicious enough to warrant a mention - a sesame panna cotta and frozen custard from Sumika Grill. They also have a delicious oyako-don (not pictured because dessert is just more fun and photogenic).

No comments:

Post a Comment