Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Ippudo Ramen, Ba Fang Yun Ji (八方雲集), and 1010 Xiang

My trips to Taiwan are about the three Fs - family, food, and fashion - with an emphasis on the first two. Luckily, it is easy to kill two birds with one stone by combining the first two. :)

I spend a lot of my time in Taipei at Taipei Main Station, since there's so much eating and shopping to be done here. This time, I checked out Ippudo in the Breeze Food Court upstairs, as the wait was only 15 minutes. The noodles were great - I love that you can grind up your own sesame and mince your own garlic to flavor the broth. But no pork buns available? That's half the fun of an Ippudo meal! 

I'm a bad blogger so I can't remember the name of this ramen - sorry!

My adorable grandma adding garlic to her spicy broth

We also ate at Ba Fang Yun Ji (八方雲集) in the Eslite shopping area of Taipei Main Station. They have amazing dumplings and potstickers. This branch also happens to make wontons - not as good as my favorite wontons here but still pretty tasty. 


I'm a huge fan of spicy food so the Hunan cuisine at 1010 Xiang is right up my alley. Their dishes are a notch less spicy than Szechuan cuisine and they have non-spicy dishes as well. They have a couple of restaurants scattered through Taiwan but I've only been to the one on Fuxing North Road. There are so many more dishes that I didn't have a chance to photograph! Jeff also raved about a spicy fried chicken dish that he had during another visit to 1010 Xiang with his family.

Beef with pine nuts and rice cake

Spicy ribs (served with gloves so that your hands stay clean) 

Sigh...this post is making me hungry so I'll have to stop here!

No comments:

Post a Comment