Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Ramen Izakaya Yu-Gen

I was excited to explore a new ramen joint that Nicole discovered this past weekend - Ramen Izakaya Yu-Gen in downtown Mountain View. I try to limit my ramen intake these days, as I don't want to over carbo-load in one sitting - but once in awhile, a bowl of hot ramen really hits the spot!

Most of us ordered a tonkotsu broth ramen. I love how they give you the option to make the broth spicy, as well as add a side of karage for $3. The broth was solid and the noodles were decently chewy.

Jeff ordered the paitan chicken broth ramen with 5 spice chicken, which actually came with a whole chicken leg. I thought this dish was really expensive, even with the extra side of chicken, which Jeff found unimpressive.

Luckily, there was no line when we arrived as a party of 6 for Sunday lunch. Perhaps they're still new so people don't know about them? If it stays that way, this could be my new go-to ramen place. I do love the customizable spice levels for all their ramen options!

2 comments: